The season of love has arrived, and the sanctuary has you covered for all your Valentine’s needs and plans. Whether you are looking for the perfect gift for your special person, want an activity to enjoy with a loved one, or looking to give the wolfdogs a little bit of extra affection, we have it all! Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary is hosting a variety of Valentine’s themed activities between February 2nd to February 13th and invites you to join in on the love fest. Check out what’s going on at the sanctuary below:
1. For the first time ever, the Sanctuary is hosting an on-site virtual exploration where you can learn about the love stories of some of our packs. When you join us for the Sanctuary Walk, you can scan interactive QR codes located throughout the sanctuary which leads to videos describing how certain pairings came to be and how the animals fell in love!
2. Join us for February’s Wild Enrichment Saturday on the 4th at 1:00 pm. This month we will be treating the wolfdogs to various flavoured snow cones. Will they roll on it, taste test or mark on the different offerings? Who knows! You’ll just have to join us to find out.
3. Valentine’s Enrichment will be happening throughout the two weeks, where guides will choose how to show their love to the various packs they interact with. Whether it is singing their devotions in the form of a howl or giving some cinnamon-scented items for them to roll on, you don’t want to miss these shows of affection.
4. Looking for a gift for your special person or a loved one? We have the perfect limited-edition gift box for you! Paired with matching engraved mugs, 2 sanctuary walk passes, hot chocolate for two, a card for you to write in, and a special surprise, this gift box will show them how much you care. Plus, it’s a great way to turn a gift into a cozy date night on Valentine’s. Wolfdog pairings on the mugs include:
a. Kuna and Zeus
b. Loki and Rue
c. Lark and Ylva
Purchases can be made at the sanctuary or by special shipping request and only limited quantities are available. Email us at email@example.com for shipping information. Giving a gift that goes towards the care of the animals will also make you and the receiver feel especially good during the holiday! Boxes are valued at $125!
5. Give the gift of love to the wolfdogs! When you visit the sanctuary, you can donate to give a Valentine to the wolfdog of your choice and post this within our giant heart inside the gift shop. Help us fill the entire heart to let the wolfdogs know they are loved this season.
6. The sanctuaries gift shop will be decorated from head to toe in Valentine’s themed decorations! And our facilities team has gone above and beyond to create a beautiful archway perfect for you and your loved ones to take a photo underneath!
We hope that you will join us this season to share the love and make extra special memories with those you care for. All tours and options for visiting can be found via our website link found here.
From our furry loved ones to yours, we hope to see you soon!